Loneliness, Fears and Anxieties
You may find that the more lonely and anxious you feel, the more restricted your life becomes.
It is easy to feel alone and to allow fear and anxiety to isolate you even more.
You may find that you avoid things that you used to enjoy and find comfort from repeating the same routines over and over again.
If you are experiencing anxiety, some of these questions may relate to you:
- Do you feel you worry more than other people do?
- Do you feel easily fatigued and have problems concentrating?
- Do you feel like there is a lump in your throat, have difficulty swallowing or feel like you are choking?
- Do you feel restless and unable to relax?
- Do you often worry that others don’t like you?
- Do you become very upset if you make a mistake?
- Do you have problems sleeping?
- You don’t seem to have close friends to whom you can talk
- There is no one in your life who depends on you
- You don’t have any relationships that involve sharing personal thoughts
- You are afraid to trust others
- There is no one in your life who tries to understand you
- You spend your non-working time alone or watching television
- You are not a part of a social group or organization
- You haven’t had a meaningful conversation with anyone today
- You find yourself avoiding contact with things or places that most people don’t avoid
- You avoid new situations because you might look foolish
- You avoid speaking to groups of people
- You feel afraid when in closed places or when in high places
- You are afraid to be a passenger in an airplane
- You feel like you are suffocating
If you find that one or more of the questions or statements apply to you or someone that you care about, you would probably benefit from consulting with a psychologist.
You Can Feel Better Quicker Than You Think!
Problems just seem to happen at the worst times, and go on forever. But it doesn't have to be this way anymore.
* No appointments are confirmed until you have spoken with Dr. Mazza.
The Center for Problem Solving
7112 Armat Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
COPYRIGHT © 2023 • DR. JUDITH MAZZA • THE CENTER FOR PROBLEM SOLVING