Depression is a common problem, which can be experienced at any age, and can be successfully treated.
Most people experience some changes in mood. They can feel happy one day and perhaps a little sad on another. If, however, you find that feelings of sadness persist, you may be depressed.
Here are some questions that may indicate that you are depressed and should seek treatment from a psychologist:
- Do you have less energy than other people?
- Have you lost your appetite or find yourself overeating?
- Are you sleeping too much or too little?
- Do you feel unmotivated to go to work?
- Have you isolated yourself?
- Have you stopped socializing?
- Do you cry easily?
- Do you feel hopeless about the future?
- Have you stopped doing things that you used to enjoy?
- Have you lost your sense of humor?
- Are you sad much of the time?
People who are depressed or stressed may not pay careful attention to what they are doing. They are more likely to be involved in automobile accidents, slip-and-falls, or hurt themselves during the normal routines of daily living. If you or someone you care about is experiencing these problems, it is imperative to seek treatment from a psychologist as soon as possible.
If you have thoughts about going to sleep and not wanting to wake up or think that things would be better if you didn’t exist, this is an indication of serious emotional problems. Contemplation of suicide indicates that urgent professional intervention is required.
You Can Feel Better Quicker Than You Think!
Problems just seem to happen at the worst times, and go on forever. But it doesn't have to be this way anymore.
* No appointments are confirmed until you have spoken with Dr. Mazza.
The Center for Problem Solving
7112 Armat Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
COPYRIGHT © 2023 • DR. JUDITH MAZZA • THE CENTER FOR PROBLEM SOLVING